Horizon’s Specialist Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our pupils and students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be accessed below.We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism and work closely with statutory and voluntary sectors to ensure we fulfil our safeguarding duties across the Trust.
Each Academy has its own 'Safeguarding' information poster which identifies the Academy's Designated Safeguarding Leads, gives a brief overview to staff explaining - "Protecting those in our care from HARM, if you witness or suspect harm, or have any concern, you must ACT IMMEDIATELY" and the safeguarding referral process.
Each Academy's information poster is accessible below along with a copy of the 'Safeguarding for Parents: Information Booklet". This booklet provides information for parents about how the Trust meets its safeguarding and child protection responsibilities, and also provides tips on "how to keep your child safe".
- Creating a culture of safer recruitment by adopting procedures that help deter, reject or identify people who might pose a risk to children.
- Teaching pupils through the curriculum what safeguarding means, how to keep safe and recognise behaviour that is unacceptable.
- Identifying and making provision for any pupil that has been subject to abuse.
- Ensuring that members of the Board of Directors, Principals and staff members understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance, are alert to the signs of child abuse and know to refer concerns to the DSL.
- Ensuring that the Principals and any new staff members and volunteers are only appointed when all the appropriate checks have been satisfactorily completed.
E-Safety Policy - as E-Safety is an important aspect of strategic leadership within the Trust, the Chief Executive, Principals and Directors have ultimate responsibility to ensure that the policy and practices are embedded and monitored. This policy, supported by the Trust's Acceptable Use Agreements for staff, Directors, visitors and pupils, is to protect the interests and safety of the whole Horizons Specialist Academy Trust community.
Abbey Hill Academy & Sixth Form
- Safeguarding Information Poster for Abbey Hill Academy & Sixth Form
- Safeguarding Information Booklets for Parents for Abbey Hill Academy and Abbey Hill Academy Sixth Form
Green Gates Academy
- Safeguarding Information Poster
- Safeguarding Information Booklet for Parents
- Useful Links section for site visitors and parents to use