Green Gates Academy is a primary school for pupils ranging from year 1 to year 6. Pupils attending our school have an Education Health Care Plan due to their social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Some of the conditions our pupils are diagnosed with are ADHD, Attachment, Sensory Processing Disorder, ODD, ADD and Mental Health difficulties. We presently offer 50 places in our academy.
Experienced and dedicated staff ensure that the individual needs of each pupil are met. Staff recognise that each child is different, and staff access a range of support from professionals for example: Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist and a Play Therapist. This allows us as a school to put a wide range of different interventions in place when a child is struggling to deal with their emotions and manage their behaviour. These interventions allow our children to have:
- A stimulating and nurturing environment with small classes.
- A creative curriculum designed to inspire them to achieve their best.
- High expectations.
- Access to a range of interventions to support their individual needs.
- A love for learning and want to be the best that they can, and to be confident, polite and happy.
- Highly skilled, dedicated and caring staff.
- Mutual respect between peers and staff.
- A clear pastoral system underpinned through clear boundaries and school rules.
- High levels of progress and achievement.
- A safe, nurturing and supportive environment.
- Staff that are dedicated to working with their families.
Academic achievement and developing each individual pupil’s thirst for learning is a priority. We prioritise this by ensuring all our pupils feel valued, safe and very important all the time. Pupils' physical, emotional and mental well being is paramount, as is our desire to build confidence, resilience and creative individuals.