Mo Mowlam Academy
Required for September 2022
Horizons Specialist Academy Trust consists of six Academies and one Sixth Form across the Tees Valley area serving a population in excess of 600 students aged 5 to 19 with a broad range of learning difficulties.
Mo Mowlam Academy joined the Trust in April 2019 and has recently relocated to a new purpose built Academy in Redcar which provides for up to 100 pupils aged 5 to 16 who have SEMHD as their identified primary need.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and inspirational senior leader for the post of Vice Principal to lead the staff team at Mo Mowlam Academy. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, dedicated and energetic in leading the academy in the continuing journey of school improvement.
In addition to supporting the CEO, Deputy CEO, Executive Principal and Principal in the overall management and leadership of the SEMHD academies, the successful candidate will lead on approaches to the development and delivery of the curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment, and take responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of the careers programme.
The successful candidate will:
• Have significant experience of working with students with special educational needs, in particular SEMHD and associated learning difficulties.
• Be an outstanding and experienced leader and practitioner.
• Provide effective leadership in raising standards of attainment and achievement.
• Work collegiately to build on the strengths of the Academy and Trust.
• Be able to motivate staff that are fully engaged in the goal of achieving excellence in all areas of the Academy both personally and professionally
The Trust can offer:
• An ambitious and proactive Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
• An experienced and supportive Executive Principal
• A collegiate team of Trust Principals.
• A committed and dedicated team of cross-Trust staff and services including Finance, HR, Admin and IT.
• Excellent systems and structures.
• A warm, friendly academy which provides a positive learning environment.
• Extensive and varied professional learning opportunities.
• A modern learning environment for students with SEMHD.
• Assistance with relocation expenses
A visit to the Academy would be highly recommended. To arrange this please contact Mrs Julie Povall on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms and job description / person specification can be obtained from Julie Povall, HR Clerk or can be accessed below:
Completed application forms should be returned by 12 noon on Friday, 27th May, 2022 to: Julie.Povall@horizonstrust.org.uk or by post to Julie Povall, Abbey Hill Academy, Ketton Road, Stockton on Tees. TS19 8BU
Horizons Specialist Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.