PARENT SUPPORT ADVISER & DEPUTY DESIGNATED SAFEGUARD LEAD
Horizons Specialist Academy Trust consists of six Academies and one Sixth Form across the Tees Valley area, serving a population of over 700 students aged 5 to 19 with a broad range of learning difficulties.
We are seeking to appoint a Parent Support Advisor who has the flexibility to work in partnership with parents and carers at Hollis Academy. The main responsibilities of the post are:
• To take a lead role in identifying students who are vulnerable or at risk and to work in partnership with senior staff in developing effective strategies using the Early Help Assessment process.
• To assist in tackling underachievement by working with families, staff and students to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers to learning and participation.
• To work with staff in school to develop and achieve the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
• To provide one-to-one home based support services to parents and carers that have been identified as requiring additional parenting support.
• To work with students and their parents/carers to narrow gaps in attendance and well-being.
• When required, take the Lead Professional role for Child Protection, Child in Need and Early help cases, in liaison with appropriate senior staff and Safeguarding Leads at each academy in the Trust.
• Undertake a deputy designated safeguarding lead role within the academy, supporting the trust lead, senior leaders and academy designated lead in delivering safeguarding and ensuring that Trust Policies are embedded and all aspects of practice meet statutory requirements.
• To contribute to raising achievement by improving pupil attendance and take a lead role when assisting the school to meet its obligations and targets in relation to whole school attendance.
It is essential that applicants have excellent written and communication skills in order to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders. Experience of working with children with special needs and challenging behavior would be an advantage, as would knowledge of Common Assessment Framework processes (Early Help Assessment) and Safeguarding procedures.
An application form and further information can be requested by contacting Julie.email@example.com
Completed application forms should be returned by 12 noon on Friday, 1st July, 2022 to Julie Povall, Abbey Hill Academy, Ketton Road, Stockton-On-Tees. TS19 8BU or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Horizons Specialist Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.